Wednesday, February 10, 2016

What's this? Day 3 post surgery.


Surgery took 3 hours on Monday. On the way back to her recovery room hubs and I seriously were betting on if she'd be in a cast or not.

Spoiler: no cast! What!? How in the world am I going to pick up my child that doesn't have a cast? I was banking on a cast.. a cast would've made this a bit easier. We know casts.


Got to her room and the nurses immediately wanted to get her up and me to hold her. I immediately regretted it. She cried the whole time until she was in my arms. I cried, too. I told them I didn't want to hold her again until tubes were removed.

I also got her to eat some pudding and drink some Apple juice. Yeah, so, thirty minutes later it all came back up. Kinda scary since she was on her back but luckily I was there. We got her cleaned up between me and the nurses.


Monday night I took Lainee duty. I slept in the chair for a bit, then on the couch. Antibiotics at midnight caused the alarm to go off at one. We were both up until two, then back up at six thirty. Starting day two was hopeful.


She watched her tab for a bit off and on throughout the day. So glad we bought it for her.


Anytime the nurse did something or we did something, she did this. Faked sleep to hopefully have us go away. Even while she was trying to eat.. drama.

The only person she was wanting to talk to was the PA. She kept wanting to show her what was on her tab. She told us that, after consulting with the doctor, some of the tubes could come out. Pip was quite pleased. The doctor stopped by to check on her finally around 6, he said everything was pointing to leaving as planned.

The hubs had that night's Lainee duty, while I went back to the Ronald McDonald house and showered and slept in a comfy bed. I got my wake up call around right 8 and he said that we're looking at discharging soon, the PA was already by.


I cleaned up our room and made my way to the hospital. About an hour later we were leaving. Lainee barely fussed when I put her pjs on (I was prepared for a cast, so all I brought was a dress and two shirts depending on temperature). And wanted daddy to get her up. Which was great. The car ride home she did great, too. Minimal fussing.


I think Pip really needed to be home. She's much more relaxed and sleeping a hell of a lot better. Figuring out where to put her though is a bit tough. We're resulting to the bean bag chair for right now. And she sat in the high chair with no problems. She's even back to sleeping on her left side.. The pressure must feel good? The swelling will hopefully go away soon, and she'll be more inclined to its moving her. She's even "helping" me change her diaper by pushing up enough on her right leg so I can push the diaper under her. She used to lift with both, so this is a big help.

Looking forward to her pain going away and her to be up again. It'll be a bit before that happens, but it'll choke soon enough. And like hubs said, there no cast.. I can go on with potty training when she's walking again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment