Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Better than nothing..



So we've gone from crawling to walking while holding onto furniture. Amazingly... Scary. I'm still giving her the hydrocodone at bedtime, to help her relax from the day's events. But during the day I'll only give her Tylenol at nap unless she's particularly fussing over her leg.

It looks like it's healing quite nicely. Scabbing in most areas, but like it should. Her stitches, one end dissolved(we're going with that, I don't know if she pulled it out), the other.. probably got yanked. Hopefully just the tip and not the whole thing, but that part of her incision has been leaking(for lack of a better word) today. Not enough to make me alarmed but still enough to notice.

Carrying her is strange. If you hold her leg it feels like things are shifting around in there.. I hate it. Part of me(the part that should be beat with a stick) keeps thinking it's her bone. Hubs reassures me that it's probably her muscle moving against the plate and screws (which is so comforting, right?).. I'm sure if it were her bone she'd be in a great deal of pain. But she has dealt with pain thus far rather nicely.

Tuesday we'll be going in for an appointment. Probably an Xray. I'm hoping to snag a pic of it. I'm curious to see what her leg looks like now. Looking back, over the years - especially before my children, I never thought I'd face things like this. But I suppose that's human nature, right? Everything will be perfect until it's not. It won't happen to me.

Lots. Lots has happened to me in the past 5 years. Lots has happened to Pip in just two years. It's crazy. I know no one asks for things to happen, and I know it could be a lot worse. Alek could of had a serious heart problem. I could have died. Pip could face many years of surgeries. We often forget that we need to slow down and enjoy the little ifs, whens, and coulds. I'm guilty of not living in the now. I'm constantly thinking of the future and dwelling on the past. 

For if we dwell in the past when we should be present now, we can't enjoy our future, now could we?


No comments:

Post a Comment