Monday, February 8, 2016

The day we dreaded..




This morning started with me falling asleep.. just to wake back up at 2 hours later then again 6 minutes before the alarm went off. Pip fussed most of the morning, groggy and not knowing what was going on. Got to the check in, got to the pre-op waiting room with still an hour and a half to wait.

They gave her some versed about a half hour before they were going to take her. Hubs and I got a few giggles out of that. She'd just sit there with her mouth open, staring at us or messing with my hair. She was relaxed at least. Finally time came and the nurse gave her her phone to watch Mickey mouse on as she rolled her away.

About a half hour ago, they called to say they had started surgery and she was doing fine. When we got to the waiting room, I started crying.. some lady got up from her chair and brought me tissues, shows there's still good out here.

Now, we wait. I'm really not looking forward to seeing her in a few hours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment