Wednesday, July 13, 2016

There's always tomorrow..


Today was.. today. It started out okay. Pip has decided to start self potty training herself last week. What kid does that? Couple of weeks ago she half went poop at babchi's house. Then over the holiday weekend while we were in Georgia, visiting my brother and sister in law, she decided she wanted to potty at a restaurant. Thinking she wouldn't go, I humored her and took her to the potty.

She went. Then she went poop at their house a day later! Once back home she's been going, so I decided to upgrade to underwear. Only three accidents since starting that. Go Pip!

Back to today.. we took a walk down main St and then went to the park to walk there as well. Well, on main St she was in the stroller at the park I thought she could walk with us since it wasn't going to be long. We also had cups of water, which on the way back to the car I let her carry them.

Mistakes happen. I get that. I really do. But it doesn't make you feel any less horrible. It doesn't fix what happened. It doesn't make you feel any less adequate as a parent. Pip fell while walking and carrying the cups. And at first I thought she was okay. I helped her up and then I saw it. Blood. Bubbling at her bottom lip. So I scooped her up, left the cups and started toward the car when the hubs and boy were.

Half way there we were both covered in her blood. So I yelled for him to get the wipes. I half jogged up the hill to meet him at the bench. Sat her down and started wiping her mouth to find the source. Hubs said it was the corner of her lip, and the bleeding stopped so the mommy freak out mode calmed.

Until I got her into her seat and saw it. There staring back at me, showing my failure as a parent, was a gnarly blackish hole where her perfect little canine tooth should be still growing in. I got weak and sick to my stomach. This was no cut on the lip. She was literally missing a tooth that hasn't even grown in all the way yet. So now not only does my daughter had a bad hip, her mouth is all banged up too.

We went home to try to get her to a dentist. I called her pediatrician, they transferred me to their dentist. Who isn't accepting new patients until next month, so they gave me a number. Who doesn't see younger patients anymore, so they told me to call our insurance. Who gave me a number to get our list, which the closest one is 40 minutes away. I'm okay with that drive, as her orthopedic is there too. But they said that there was one in town that should take us, so I googled the place and called. Which, funny story, was the SAME PLACE I called first. I was mad. They suggested to take her to the ER so we did. Just to get antibiotics and to answer a couple of my questions, but I'm okay with that.

Pip? She's acting normal. Didn't need any pain meds. I think I'm more worked up about her baby tooth than she is. Tomorrow is another day. 15 days until surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment