Saturday, June 25, 2016

This chapter might be just about over...


Yesterday we went and saw the doctor to set up the appointment to get Pip's plate taken out. I had a car full of people - pop, babchi and Alek decided to tag along. When we finally got back to the room (30 minutes late), we waited for them to come get us for X-rays.

Pip wasn't too happy about "getting her picture taken". She fought me and the tech. But after the first one was taken she relaxed and stopped fighting. We looked at the X-ray on our way back to the room.. to me, everything still looked normal!

Once back to the room we maybe waited another ten or so minutes until Dr. Ferris came in. He had her walk/run down the back hallway and then it came to discussing removal. I don't know if he was being funny or thought I thought he could do it in office (I know it required another surgery) but he told me it'd be done in a few weeks, nothing later. He also said that she's outgrowing the plate. That's a scary yet reassuring thought. My once 3lb 3oz little girl isn't so little anymore. 

He left and the scheduler came in. We went over dates and I opted for the earliest - July 28th. Giving her plenty of time to be moveable more easily when her older brother starts kindergarten a few weeks later. Her pre-op is the 25th. I left the appointment feeling quite confident that this will be her last surgery.

Other than that, lil man had his vpk graduation earlier this month, and I'm trying to wrap my head around our new adventure: school age years. It makes me quite sad, also to think in a few years Lainee will be following suit. We have a busy July coming up. But probably not busy enough to distract me from the upcoming surgery.

I know it'll go easier - hey, he's not cutting bone this time! And it'll probably be her quickest surgery to date. But she'll still be under, she will still be in pain. He assures me that she'll be up faster this time though. And I'm fairly certain she will be too. She bounces back rather quickly.



3 comments:

  1. Im so happy there is light at the end of this long road you guys have had.
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading this. Dr Ferris is quite a good doctor. It's comforting knowing we share the same doctor and that he has such a variety of symptoms throughout his patients to car for. I am so happy to hear that Lainee will be free of procedures I hope that Sofiya will be trailing along behind her shortly...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved reading this. Dr Ferris is quite a good doctor. It's comforting knowing we share the same doctor and that he has such a variety of symptoms throughout his patients to car for. I am so happy to hear that Lainee will be free of procedures I hope that Sofiya will be trailing along behind her shortly...

    ReplyDelete